What is the Symposium about?
The South African National Policy Framework Strategy mandates that all health professionals be trained in palliative care.
The HPCA Symposium is aimed around sharing the latest developments within the sector of hospice and palliative care. It is a great platform to create awareness of palliative care and the services on offer.
HPCA will be celebrating its 30th year of supporting the delivery of quality palliative care in South Africa and the symposium will address recent positive developments in the sector and look at strengthening continuing professional development.
Who is it aimed at?
- All individuals that have an interest in Palliative care
- Home based carers
- Community Health workers
- Social workers
- Hospice staff
- Any other allied health workers that have an interest in Palliative care and hospice
Who would benefit from attending the Symposium?
- Health professionals will get in-depth key knowledge around Palliative care and hospice
- Pharmaceutical companies that would like to connect with health professionals
- It is also a good Marketing opportunity for any company or entity to come on board as a sponsor and opportunity to connect with this market
Why was the specific theme chosen?
The theme for this year is “Pearls of Palliative care – supporting hospices for 30 years” and this is linked to our celebration of 30 years of hospice care and to highlight the significance of the National Department of Health Framework and Strategy for Palliative care.
Please note this Symposium is open to all delegates from around the world.
Please note that CPD points will be available for the HPCA Symposium for all health professionals.
If you would like to support this event & come on board as a sponsor please Click here